Annual General Meeting
AAMT’s Annual General Meeting will be held at 4 pm on 22 April 2017 in the Parish Meeting Room (Building B) adjacent to the AAMT office (Building D) at 80 Payneham Road, Stepney SA.
The business of the AGM, as outlined in the Constitution, shall be:
- confirm the minutes of the preceding AGM
- President’s report for 2016
- financial report for 2016
- Auditor’s report for 2016
- appoint an Auditor for 2017
- Chief Executive Officer’s report for 2016
- alter the Constitution of the Association
- elect the President Elect other business.
Proposed change to AAMT Constitution
Notice is also given of a motion to change to the AAMT Constitution.
That the words:
- 3.1 Provide a coherent representative voice and advocate in government and policy forums on behalf of mathematics educators in Australia, for the purpose of advancing their professional standing.
be changed to
- 3.1 Provide a coherent representative voice and advocate in government and policy forums on behalf of mathematics educators in Australia.
i.e., that “for the purpose of advancing their professional standing” be removed.
The reason for the proposed change is that the Australian National Charities Commission has advised that those words may compromise the Association’s charity status.
All current individual and life members or nominated persons (of an institutional member) are entitled to vote or may nominate, in writing, a person to vote by proxy. Should you wish to vote by proxy, it is suggested that members contact their AAMT Councillor.